9.08.2007

9 Questions about my marriage

I've been tagged by Natalie so it's my turn to spill the details.

1. Where did you meet your husband?

We lived in the same apartment complex at BYU in 2000 just after he returned from his mission. Cameron's apartment was the only one in the complex with guys - the rest of the apartments were girls. I lived just downstairs with five roommates. We invented some really corny excuses to go up and meet them!

2. What is the first thing you said to your husband?

Hi, do you have some hair clippers I can borrow?

3. Where was your first date?

This depends on what you call a date. Our first unofficial outing together was probably to Burger King. Cameron was on his way to get a whopper as I was walking by and asked if I wanted to join him. But our first official planned date was to a steakhouse in Orem. I thought it was a good dinner, but Cameron got really sick that night from some stuffed mushrooms he ate (he didn't tell me this until we were engaged 4 years later).

4. Where was your first kiss?

At the Provo airport. This is a long story and has a debatable explanation, but I guess you could say that I initiated it - September 9, 2003. That's almost exactly 4 years ago!

5. Did you have a long or short engagement/courtship?

We were friends for quite some time before anything really developed. We went on a date or two, talked as friends, and flirted during 2000-2001. Cameron even set me up with his cousin during that time. We would consult each other about our individual dating lives to get the inside scoop on the opposite sex. We even held hands during a movie once, but we didn't really start dating until after I returned from my mission. We started dating in August of 2003, broke up for a few weeks in December, got back together, and were talking about marriage in January and February of 2004. Cameron officially proposed in March and we were married May 29, 2004. We knew each other for over 4 years by the time we were married.

6. Where did you get engaged?

At Rock Canyon Park in Provo. Cameron had made a CD of music that reminded him of us. He played it in the car as we drove up there. He was trying to play it so cool. We parked at Rock Canyon park, got out of the car and danced to the music in the headlights. He sat me down on a rock, knelt down and proposed there. Talk about melting!

7. Where were you married?

We were married in the Bountiful Temple on May 29, 2004. It was a perfect day and one I'll never forget.

8. How did the reception go?

I was all a blur to me - it went so quickly and we saw so many people. I do remember that I felt lucky we got to share a piece of cake because we actually ran out. We had a larger turnout than we had planned. I didn't know it when we ordered the food, but the chicken salad sandwiches had walnuts in them. I'm very allergic to walnuts! After I ate half of a sandwich at the end of the reception, my brother came up to us and told me that there were walnuts in the sandwich. Cameron's eyes about popped out of his head. Of all times to get sick, the wedding night is not the ideal time. He was so worried. Luckily, I didn't really have a reaction.

9. How was the honeymoon?

It was wonderful. We flew into San Francisco and spent the next 5 days touring the California coast. We spent time in San Francisco, Monterey, saw Hearst castle, and then ended the Honeymoon in Santa Barbara where we had our second reception. That reception was awesome. It was an outdoor garden reception with perfect weather.


Meagan and Leslie - You're tagged!

1 comments:

Todd and Meagan said...

I laughed at the part about the first kiss :) Amy you aggressive, go-getter, you! Congrats on the house! We want to hear more about it! What city did you decide on?